CV-2 Grease - Jar
This product can expose you to chemicals including Quartz (14808-60-7) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Outperforms the best conventional or synthetic greases and lubes
- Withstands extreme temperature and pressure in wheel bearings, U-joints and high-angle CV Joints
- Excellent high-temp stability, extreme-pressure protection and water resistance
- Used in a variety of applications with operating temps from -100°F to 500°F
- Strong resistance to oxidation and corrosion, low evaporation and oil separation with a minimum effect on rubber seals
- Contains an organic moly for chassis lubrication and high temp/high speed industrial equipment
- Synthetic fluidity allows increases in bearing life up to 200%
- Will darken after high-temp use-not detrimental to performance
|4-Ball Wear (ASTM D-4172B)||0.46|
|4-Ball Weld (ASTM D-2783)||400 Kg|
|Load/Wear Index (ASTM D-2783)||71.1|
Lubricant 4-Ball Wear Load/Wear Index
(ASTM D-4172B) (ASTM D-2783)
Red Line CV-2 0.46 71.1
Syn Grease - M 0.50 41.9
Syn Moly Grease - A 0.78 38.4
GM Wheel Bearing Grease 0.71 36.6
Lubricant 4-Ball Weld Drop Point
Red Line CV-2 400 Kg >800°F
Syn Grease - M 2 200 Kg 485°F
Syn Moly Grease - A 315 Kg 515°F
GM Wheel Bearing Grease 250 Kg 525°F
PROPERTY CV-2 GREASE
NLGI Grade #2
NLGI Service GC-LB
Fluid Type Thermally-stable synthetic
Useful Temperature Range -100°F to 500°F
Dropping Point, >800°F
Load Wear Index 71.2
4-Ball Wear Scar Diameter (Red), 40 Kg 0.46 mm
Water Washout @ 105°F 1%
Evaporation Loss, 22 hrs @ 350°F 4%
Oil Separation, 30 hrs @ 350°F 5%
Oxidation Stability, 500 hrs @210°F, psi 12
Rust Test, ASTM D1743 Pass
Red Line CV-2 Grease is designed to withstand the extreme temperatures and pressures which occur in high-performance wheel bearings and CV-joints.
The excellent high temperature stability, extreme-pressure protection and water resistance enables it to out-perform even the best conventional or synthetic greases.
Red Line CV-2 Grease can be used in a wide range of applications at temperatures ranging between -100°F to 500°F and provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance, low evaporation and oil separation, and has a minimum effect on rubber seals.
The exceptional extreme-pressure performance and the fluidity of the synthetic oil allows increases in bearing life of 200% to 800%.
Red Line CV-2 Grease contains a red moly compound which is a superior lubricant to black moly disulfide lubricants.
Red Line CV-2 Grease may also be used in industrial applications such as high-temperature alternator bearings, high-speed ball bearings, conveyor bearings, worm gear drives, servo mechanisms and applications where vibrations can cause fretting wear and corrosion to take place.
Red Line CV-2 Grease will retain its consistency and extreme-pressure performance under high-temperature and high-shear conditions for extended periods, which extends the performance ranges of the lubricated components.
Red Line CV-2 will slightly darken after high-temperature use; this darkening will not detrimentally effect the performance of the grease.
Although Red Line CV-2 is compatible with small amounts of many petroleum-based greases, it is always good lubrication practice to thoroughly clean out the old grease to eliminate abrasive particles and to minimize the possibility of grease incompatibility.
These fluids are offered in a variety of packaging for convenience in different work environments
- Used by many of the best engine builders, engineers, and technicians in Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, NASCAR, NHRA, and WRC